"Fall" in love with your home again!

Welcome back!  As I sit here daydreaming of the sights and scents of fall (while nibbling on Halloween candy) My mind wanders to my dining table.  

Now, to those of you who know me well know that I LOVE my dining table! 
It holds a special place in my heart.  

It has hosted countless dinner parties, family gatherings and game nights.  It is the place where homework and crafts are busily worked on, where family discussions take place, where cookies are decorated; most of all, it is where memories are made.


This is the first place I decorate when the seasons change and in this post I hope to inspire you to find your "go to" piece that shows off your personal style each and every season.

For those of you like me, a beautifully decorated table says "sit down, make yourself comfortable, stay a while".  I love to celebrate my family and guests by giving them a beautiful, personalized place setting when hosting them.

This doesn't need to cost anything...something as simple as a bunch of herbs tied up in a lovely ribbon or some twine.  
Perhaps you love place cards, and take some time to artfully print each persons name on simple card stock.   




 Maybe you love to bring the outdoors in and display beautifully fragrant greenery.  You can use what Mother Nature provides from your own landscaping.  Tree trunk rounds make rustic chargers, while pine trees and their cones, bring color and texture to your table.   

Celebrate an extended summer during fall by dining outside!  If you are lucky enough to live in a climate that allows casual gatherings outside this time of year, linger over a glass of wine while enjoying the changing seasons.  This doesn't need to be fancy.  Gather your plates and glasses (mismatched is even better), a few blankets to guard against a cool breeze and display your gardens fall bounty as your centerpiece.




Finally, if you crave a simple, no fuss setting...allowing for food, family and friends to take center stage; everyday linens can make the perfect backdrop.  Add some fun napkin rings or a do it yourself (or kids craft project) to be the focal point of your table. 



Wherever you gather, wherever you host.  Let all who join you, see your style. 

It's one of a kind and deserves to be seen!






















 

Comments

Popular Posts